Mission Rathbun House
We understand that these times of sickness are difficult for the patient, family and loved ones. The Rathbun House provides a home-like environment for families or caregivers coming with a patient to Asheville, North Carolina, who will be receiving care or medical treatment at Mission Hospital, CarePartners and the VA hospitals. Learn more about the Rathbun House in this video.
Admission to the Rathbun House is referral only. Contact the patient’s case manager for more information about accommodations.
The Rathbun House is a philanthropic establishment – it operates on love, support, comfort and monetary gifts. Make a Gift
121 Sherwood Rd. | Asheville, NC 28803
- From Biltmore Ave., turn east on Forest Hill Drive (across the street from Mission Hospital Memorial Campus).
- Make an immediate left turn on to Sherwood Road. Drive approximately three blocks and look for the Rathbun House sign.
- Make a right and follow the unpaved road about 3/10 of a mile until you get to the large Victorian-style house on the right.
- You have arrived at the Rathbun House.
Reminders for guests coming to stay at Rathbun House
- Must have photo ID to stay
- Must bring $20 room deposit
- No check-ins after 7 pm
- No visitors after 7 pm
- Only 4 people per room; 1 room per patient family
- Alcohol beverages, tobacco products, weapons, illegal drugs and pets (except for service animals) are not permitted