Contact the Office of Patient Experience (828) 213-1210
Patient Experience and Engagement
The patient experience is defined as the sum of all interactions, shaped by an organization’s culture, that influence patient and family perceptions across the continuum of care. This becomes a central theme, as it is embedded in Our BIG(GER) Aim: to get every person to their desired outcome, first without harm, also without waste and always with an exceptional experience for each person, family and team member.
Patient engagement is supported by a culture based on patient and family centered care, where the patient is seen as the most important member of the healthcare team and the patient’s family as the primary partner in pursuit of health. In our culture of patient and family centered care, each patient defines who his/her “family” is and then determines how he/she will participate in care and decision-making.
“My Mission Experience”
Our office serves as a contact point for patients, families and guests as they navigate Mission Health. Our mission is to create an exceptional care and service experience for every patient and family, every time by providing positive recognition to our caregivers, assisting with needs, responding to inquiries, resolving issues and identifying opportunities to be a better partner. We are here to bridge the gap where expectations may not have been met and identify opportunities for improved partnership across Mission Health.
Better Together – Patient and Family Advisory Council
Patient and family centered care is an approach to healthcare that:
- Actively engages patient and families as partners to shape policies, programs, facility design and day-to-day care interactions.
- Leads to better outcomes, wiser allocations of resources, and an exceptional p atient and family experience.
- Promotes communication, partnership, information sharing, choices, and respect, and is strength-based.
Patient and Family Advisors provide their perspectives and ideas for improving the healthcare experience.
Mission Health caregivers listen with care and seek to understand the perspective and needs of patients and their families.
Who Can Be an Advisor?
Advisors are patients and their family members who have received or are currently receiving care at Mission Health- who would like to partner on a monthly basis.
What Are the Qualities of an Advisor
- Shares insights and experience in productive ways
- Sees beyond his or her own personal experience
- Respects diversity and differing opinions
- Listens well
- Collaborates with solutions
- Has passion for enhancing the healthcare experience
How do Advisors Partner with Staff?
- Council membership
- Program and policy review
- Education materials and forms review
- Committee membership
- Facilities planning
How can you become involved?
- Call (828) 213-9931 and leave your name and contact number
- Complete the below online form
- Complete & return the enclosed application
Tell us about your experience at Mission