For information regarding a patient who is staying with us, call (828) 213-1050. Please note that patients are asked if they wish to be listed in our directory upon admittance. If a patient chooses to be listed, then visitors and callers must ask for the patient by name, and can be given the patient's room number and limited information about their condition. If a patient chooses not to be listed, callers will be told that we have no listing for a patient of that name. This policy is dictated by a federal law and is designed to protect patient privacy.
Key to Patient Conditions
If you are calling to check on the condition of a patient, you must ask for the patient by name, and you will be given one of five one-word descriptions, provided a condition has been posted. See below for a key to understanding these descriptions.
- Undetermined: Patient is awaiting assessment.
- Good: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.
- Fair: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious: Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical: Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are not favorable.