Managing Your Medical Records
Access to your personal health information is critical to ensuring that you receive timely, safe and effective treatment and care. We make it a priority to allow you easy access to your complete medical records as well as the ability to amend patient information in Mission Hospital medical records.
If you have any questions or require assistance with any of the documents below, contact our Health Information Management Department at 828-213-0636, open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
You can access your medical records online. Find the link to your provider at Patient Connect
Obtaining a copy of your medical record can be achieved by one of the following:
- VIA mail:
Mission Hospital / Health Information Department - Attn: HIM Dept
509 Biltmore Avenue
Asheville, NC 28801
- VIA Fax:
(828) 213-0651- Records will be returned to you by mail.
- VIA E-Mail:
HIM.ROI@msj.org - Records will be returned to you by mail in Adobe format on a CD.
Directions for completing the Medical Record Release Form
- Fill out, sign & date authorization
- Include on authorization the delivery method mail/in person-If you are picking up medical records you must provide a government issued photo ID
- Include a phone number & address
- If you choose someone other than yourself to pick up your medical records the "Disclose the requested information" section, must be filled out, with the name of person who has authority to obtain your records. And this person must present a government issued photo ID.
- Indicate the date of service
Please allow 48-72 hours for processing non-emergent requests.
Any request for an amendment to your medical records has to be documented on the Mission Health Request for Amendment of Protected Health Information Form. Submit the completed form via mail to the Mission Health HIM Department located at the address listed below:
Attn: Health Information Management
509 Biltmore Ave.
Asheville, NC 28801
The HIM Department will respond to the amendment request within 60 days of receipt. If a response cannot be provided within 60 days, you will be notified of the need for a 30 day extension.
Learn more at MyPHR.com, a public resource designed to help you understand your personal health information.