Clinical Research at Mission Health and Mission Research Institute
Clinical Research at Mission Health is centralized and conducted through the Mission Research Institute. Mission Research Institute encourages, facilitates and supports high quality, collaborative research studies and clinical trials designed to improve human health. We accomplish this by providing expertise, resources, tools and educational opportunities to the Mission Health community, while ensuring compliance and transparency through centralized oversight.
Our comprehensive services include:
- A dedicated infrastructure of highly skilled personnel including clinical research nurses and associates, regulatory staff, and business and finance professionals
- Collaboration on research design, conduct, analysis and post research-results interpretation
- Educational and professional growth offerings related to research practice
- Dissemination of active clinical trial information to patients, community and physicians in western North Carolina and bordering states
Mission Research Institute strives to be a center of excellence and a model for providing top-tier efficient research programs in a manner that helps support the advancement of healthcare quality and safety for our patient population. With a focus on helping our organization positively impact population health in western North Carolina, we collaborate with team members across the system to innovate and continuously improve the superior services we offer the region.
These goals are attained through:
- Offering our patient population the most cutting-edge treatment approaches not otherwise available outside of a clinical trial
- Engaging in, facilitating and supporting high quality, collaborative research studies designed to help support the advancement of healthcare quality and safety, and improve the lives of our community members
- Conducting all clinical, diagnostic and preventive research according to the highest scientific and ethical standards
- Increasing visibility and recognition of research at Mission Health in the clinical and lay community through clinical scholarship and quality peer-reviewed publications
For Our Sponsors
Mission Research Institute strives to establish and maintain mutually productive relationships with cooperative research groups, and federal and industry sponsors. Our centralized clinical, financial and regulatory services facilitate the timely start up and execution of clinical trials conducted at Mission Health.
Mission serves a large and diverse patient population and is staffed with highly qualified, certified clinical research nurses and associates to support investigators for an efficient, timely and compliant program.
Mission’s ability to securely identify and thoroughly screen its patient population helps assure the reliability of our internal feasibility assessments, as well as support healthy enrollment numbers. This approach reinforces patient safety, increases efficiency, and improves both patient and protocol data integrity.
Our strong partnership with Mission’s marketing department helps to ensure community awareness of our program and our comprehensive and centralized standard operating procedures help to ensure a consistent and compliant research program across all of the Mission Health system.
Clinical Areas of Research at Mission Health
- Cardiology - General Cardiology (Adult and Pediatrics)
- Interventional Cardiology, Electrophysiology
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Oncology (Adult and Pediatrics)
- Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery
- Trauma Surgery
- Interventional Radiology
- Neurology including Interventional Neurology
- Emergency Medicine
- Intensive Care Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Women’s Health
- Pain Management
- Pediatrics including Neurodevelopmental Disabilities
- Pharmaceutical Services
- Nursing Research
Current Studies & Research at Mission
Interested in participating in a clinical trial or gaining a greater perspective on Mission Health’s involvement in research over the years? Then visit ClinicalTrials.gov, the U.S. National Library of Medicine’s website and database of privately and publicly funded clinical studies conducted around the world. The filtered search feature will allow you to see Mission’s comprehensive list of studies by allowing you to specify disease, country and state (North Carolina), keywords “Mission Health” and status (“Recruiting” to see actively enrolling studies).
Let Us Hear From You!
Whether you are a member of the community that Mission Health serves, part of a cooperative research group, an industry or federal sponsor of clinical trials; we would love to hear from you in order to elaborate more on the vision, goals, accomplishments and current studies being conducted at Mission Health!
1 Hospital Drive, Suite 2600
Asheville, NC 28801
Phone: (828) 213-7055