MyHealthyLife™ Nicotine Dependence Program
- What We Do ⚓
- Thinking of Quitting?
- Healthcare Providers
- Employer Worksite Offerings
- Presentation Request
The Nicotine Dependence Program partners with participants to find personalized ways to quit smoking. We provide consultations for the following:
- Inpatient tobacco cessation
- Outpatient clinic for tobacco treatment
- Education and training
Our team of certified tobacco treatment specialists teach how addictions are formed, discuss specific treatment options and formulate a plan for quitting smoking, as well as a relapse prevention plan.
Congratulations on taking the first step! We are here to help you break free from nicotine addiction on your quit journey. Our certified tobacco treatment specialists support your tobacco cessation goals with personalized coaching and proven techniques to make quitting feel manageable. We work with all types of tobacco (cigarette, cigar, smokeless), e-cigarettes and nicotine addiction.
Our clinic is located at 1 Hospital Drive, Suite 2200, in Asheville, North Carolina. The initial visit will last 60 minutes (we begin creating a quit plan in this session), and follow-ups are typically 30 minutes.
For more information or to make an appointment, call (828) 213-5527, option 1.
Other great resources include:
- QuitlineNC is a free telephone counseling service for all North Carolina residents. Services available in English and Spanish. Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669) or visit www.quitlinenc.org to sign up for Quitline services. Some patients may qualify for additional counseling or medications based on their insurance status when using the Quitline (availability of medications subject to change).
- Smokefree.gov provides free, accurate, evidence-based information and professional assistance to help support the immediate and long-term needs of people trying to quit smoking.
If you have a patient who you would like to refer to our program during their inpatient stay, you can order a Nicotine Dependence Consult in Cerner, and a member of our team or a respiratory therapist will see them to provide cessation support and education. Please note that we are not staffed 24/7 for inpatient consults, so you may want to also refer them to our outpatient clinic if we are unable to reach them at the hospital. This service is currently available only at Mission Hospital.
We welcome your patient referral to our outpatient clinic. In addition, patients may also self-refer. Fax referrals to (828) 213-4877 or call (828) 213-5527, option 1 to schedule an appointment with the Nicotine Dependence Program.
Our clinic is located at 1 Hospital Drive, Suite 2200, Asheville, NC 28803.
Healthcare premiums rise with tobacco users, absenteeism is higher and premature death is more likely. That's why Mission Hospital offers effective solutions to employers through our Nicotine Dependence Program. The longest running program of its kind in the state, we have helped thousands of people quit smoking and other tobacco products. We have assisted numerous employers with implementing cessation programs that benefit them and their employees for the long term.
The Nicotine Dependence Program partners with your employees to:
- Learn how to build a quit plan with one of our certified tobacco treatment specialists
- Learn about medications to manage withdrawal
- Get support through individual or telephone consultations
- Build confidence, eliminate barriers and learn techniques that work
Offered on-site at your work location, our services will provide your employees with effective tools and techniques. Options include educational presentations (lunch and learns), group cessation classes, one-to-one coaching for employees or consultation on tobacco policy.
Interested in more information? Call (828) 213-5527, option 5 to begin discussing how to support your employees in becoming tobacco-free.
Educational Presentations: We offer presentations tailored to your population’s needs, whether it be teens and e-cigarette use or educating your employees on what quitting tobacco use would look like.
For Healthcare Providers and Allied Health Members: We can help train you on best practices and evidence-based techniques to educate your practice on how to discuss tobacco use and cessation with your patients.
Email email@example.com or call (828) 213-5527, option 5, to coordinate your next training session or presentation.