The value of participating in your local health information exchange (HIE) accrues at many levels across organizations. Using an HIE helps to replace outdated modes of sharing patient information, such as faxing information or requiring patients or couriers to transport paper medical records between providers.
- Faster access to lab results, radiology reports, patient histories and discharge summaries
- Avoid duplicate tests and procedures
- Regional and statewide connectivity
- Reduced administrative and overhead costs
- HIPAA compliant data sharing
Mission Health Connect is available to Mission affiliated and non-Mission affiliated medical providers and health care organizations across western North Carolina. By participating in Mission Health Connect, you will receive real-time patient information at the point of care. The goal of this service is to help health care providers and physicians deliver safe and timely care within the community and elsewhere.
Other services provided by Mission Health Connect include:
- Building and maintaining the HIE network that ensures effective and secure data transfer to participating health care providers and organizations
- HIE implementation - building technology interfaces that connect providers and organizations to the HIE
- Staff training - training medical staff how to use the HIE, integrate HIE data access into workflow while protecting patient privacy
- Help desk support - assist participants with technical and non-technical questions
- Maintain a common set of policies and procedures that apply to all participants and govern appropriate use of patient health information