Preparing for Surgery
Mission Hospital’s surgery team is committed to answering all your questions before surgery and providing you with high-quality, compassionate care. The resources below will help you learn more about what to expect, and what you will need to do to contribute to your recovery.
If you experience any of the following conditions after your surgery, call your surgeon immediately!
- A fever of 101ºF or higher
- An incision that becomes more red, swollen or painful, or has foul-smelling drainage
- An incision that bleeds a lot
- An open incision -- lightly press a clean cloth over the incision to control bleeding
- Pain medication is not providing relief
- Side effects from medication including severe nausea, vomiting, dizziness, rash or itching
- Numb fingers or toes, tingling or cold below a bandage or cast
- Pain, tenderness, swelling or discoloration in your calf or leg