Mission Pharmacy currently serves patients and employees at nine locations throughout western North Carolina in Buncombe, Henderson, McDowell, Mitchell and Graham counties. The pharmacies have strong partnerships with Mission outpatient clinics and practices to ensure that patients receive the highest quality pharmacy care.
You may be wondering if you need a dietary supplement. If any of the following statements apply to you, you should talk to your pharmacist:
- You are on a very low-calorie weight loss diet (less than 1,300 calories daily)
- You are elderly and not eating as much as you should
- You are a strict vegetarian
- Your busy lifestyle keeps you from eating the foods and serving sizes recommended in the food guide pyramid
- You are restricted in your intake of milk, cheese and yogurt
- You are a woman of childbearing age who doesn't eat enough fruits, vegetables, beans and grains
- You are pregnant or lactating
Test your vitamin IQ.
- True or False: It's best to buy a name-brand supplement.
- True or False: It's safe to take a dietary supplement without your doctor's approval.
- True or False: Natural supplements are better utilized by your body than synthetic supplements and are worth the extra cost.
- How many vitamins are there?
a. 6 b. 9 c. 13 d. 22
- True or False: Taking more than the recommended daily dose of vitamin C can prevent or minimize a cold.
- True or False: Dietary supplements are regulated for safety and effectiveness prior to sale.
See below for the answers.
False. Speak to your doctor or pharmacist. Vitamins can interact with many prescription medications.
False. There are no differences between synthetic and natural supplements.
c. There are 13 vitamins. Water-soluble vitamins include vitamin C and
the B vitamins. There are eight B vitamins: B-1 (thiamine), B-2
(riboflavin), niacin, pantothenic acid, B-6 (pyridoxine), B-12, folic
acid and biotin. There are four fat-soluble vitamins, and they are
vitamins A, D, E and K.
- False. More is not better, and in many cases can be harmful. In the
case of vitamin C, which is a water-soluble vitamin, any excess will not
be used by the body and will be excreted in the urine.
- False. They do not need FDA approval before coming to the market. The FDA, however, monitors safety after the product is marketed.
Mission Employee Mail Order Pharmacy
400 Ridgefield Ct.
Asheville, NC 28806
Phone: (828) 257-7057
Mission Cancer Center Pharmacy
SECU Cancer Center
Asheville, NC 28801
Phone: (828) 213-2950
Mission Medical Center Pharmacy
Mission Memorial Campus
509 Biltmore Ave
Asheville, NC 28801
Phone: (828) 213-0050
McDowell Community Pharmacy
401 Nebo School Rd
Nebo NC 28761
Mission Community Pharmacy
2 Medical Park Dr.
(Along Sweeten Creek Rd)
Asheville, NC 28803
Phone: (828) 213-9470
Mission Pardee Health Campus
2695 Hendersonville Rd
Arden, NC 28704
Phone: (828) 651-6375
Mission My Care Plus Pharmacy
1388 Sand Hill Rd
Candler, NC 28715
Phone: (828) 213-5330
Mission Pharmacy Blue Ridge
189 Hospital Drive
Spruce Pine, NC 28777
Mission Pharmacy Lake Toxaway
16821 Rosman Hwy
Lake Toxaway, NC 28747