Mission Health’s Patient Safety Institute brings healthcare professionals together to cultivate a culture of safety.
Goal: To provide training and support for implementing best practices creatively in the fields of patient safety, patient and family disclosure communication and caregiver support.
The Patient Safety Institute is committed to supporting the development of system process that standardizes practice and enhances unit culture and quality of care. The institute holds conferences to bring together healthcare professionals from various disciplines and areas of care to provide resources to understand ‘just culture’ and the essential components of patient safety.
Days remaining until National Patient Safety Week
The Patient Safety Institute exists to:
- Instill evidence-based best practices into the workplace
- Help you provide the best care for every patient, every time
- Bring joy to your practice
- Provide education opportunities, safety networking and career enhancement via Patient Safety Conferences (credits/CMEs available)
Some activities provided:
- Patient Safety Conference
- Care for Caregiver program
- Root Cause Analysis training
- Human factors and mistake proofing
- Disclosure training