Our Mission is to improve the health of the people of western North Carolina and the surrounding region.
- Serve people as a not-for-profit health system governed by a voluntary community board.
- Ensure sustainability through stewardship of the community's assets.
- Provide quality services in a compassionate and cost-effective manner.
- Collaborate in order to improve access across the entire continuum of care.
- Promote wellness and health to benefit the community.
As the regional leader in advanced medical care, we take our responsibilities seriously. Our mission, vision and core values help guide us as we work to help and heal each patient in our care.
BIG(GER) Aim and Strategic Priorities:
Our BIG(GER) Aim: To get each patient to the desired outcome, first without harm, also without waste and with an exceptional experience for the patient and family.
Strategic Priorities 2014-2017
- Hardwire Mission Health’s Position as the Safest/Highest Quality/Best Experience Provider Nationally
- Achieve Medicare Break-even Operating Performance (or Better)
- Grow, Grow, Grow….
- Become a “Great Place to Work and Practice”
- Prepare to Manage Population Risk by 2016
A regional diversified health system providing superior care and services to patients and their families through a full continuum of integrated services, education and research.
Major Strategies: "DEEDS"
- Develop people
- Excel in patient quality and safety
- Enhance operational and financial performance
- Develop the health system
- Strengthen key relationships
Our MERIT Values
Five core values- Mercy, Excellence, Respect, Integrity and Trust/Teamwork- form the foundation for our culture at Mission Hospital.
- Mercy - We work to create a caring and compassionate environment responsive to the emotional, spiritual and physical needs of all persons.
- Excellence - We strive to meet or exceed patient/customer needs and expectations and work as a team to improve every aspect of care and service in our organization.
- Respect - We value the innate dignity of all persons, respect their uniqueness and diversity and enable the development of each one's full potential.
- Integrity - We are consistently open, honest and ethical and abide by the Mission Hospitals Integrity statement.
- Trust/Teamwork - We say what we mean and do what we say.