Low vision refers to changes in vision that cannot be corrected by standard eyeglasses. This can result from conditions such as diabetes, macular degeneration, glaucoma or cataracts. Other causes include eye injuries, congenital defects, stroke or brain injury.
Mission Low Vision provides resources for people with vision loss when conventional eyeglasses are no longer enough. Our goal is to help patients make the best use of remaining eyesight in order to remain as independent as possible.
Our highly trained team provides customized services for patients, including:
- Examinations by low vision optometrists
- Recommendations for magnifying devices and other visual aids
- Information about assistive computer technology
- Certified low vision therapy offered in clinical, home or work environments
- Community and national resources
- Support groups
- Coordination of care with school, community agencies and healthcare providers
240 Sardis Road
Asheville, NC 28806
Phone: (828) 213-4370