Nicotine Dependence Program
We can help your employees quit
As an employer, you are probably aware that smoking is not only a major health hazard but also a financial hazard. Healthcare premiums rise with smokers; absenteeism is higher and premature death more likely. As a result, employers have tried smoking bans, bonuses for non-smokers or even refusing to hire smokers. But smoking is extremely addictive, as anyone who has ever smoked or engaged in nicotine products knows. Most people require help and a serious commitment to stop nicotine dependency.
That's why Mission Hospital offers effective solutions to employers through our Nicotine Dependence Program. The longest running program of its kind in the state, we have helped thousands of people quit smoking and other tobacco products. We have assisted numerous employers with implementing our smoking cessation programs that benefit them and their employees for the long term.
Our tobacco cessation program helps your company by:
- Establishing tobacco-free company policies
- Educating your employees on all aspects of nicotine addiction
- Facilitating cessation services at work sites and outpatient facilities
- Collaborating with national and statewide agencies that promote smoking (tobacco) cessation
Hand-in-hand with employers: one-on-one with employees
Through our tobacco cessation process, our experienced medical professionals help your employees face social, mental and spiritual aspects of all forms of nicotine addiction. Services include:
- Initial office consult and intake for employees
- Consultations on nicotine cessation work policy for employers
- Spirometry testing (a common tool used to determine lung age and CO levels)
- Treatment plan with two-week follow-up
- Medication consultation with physician, as needed
- Relapse prevention plan
- Counseling and coaching with trained tobacco addiction specialists
- Education/outreach to businesses, communities and individuals
- Freedom From Tobacco- 3 classes a year
As an employer, you can contact our Nicotine Dependence Program directly by calling our tobacco addiction specialists at 213-5527.
The Mission Hospital Nicotine Dependence Program is located at:
501 Biltmore Ave. Room 243
Asheville, NC 28801