Estimate Your Cost
Do you find yourself frustrated when trying to determine your out-of-pocket expenses for health services and treatments for you and your family? If the answer is “yes,” Mission Health is dedicated to helping you Be Well, Get Well and Stay Well through education, empowerment and ease.
We accept most major insurance plans, including Medicare, Medicaid, auto accident, workers’ compensation and commercial insurance. Here, we’ve provided online tools to assist you in creating your own estimate.
There are two easy ways to receive your cost estimates in advance of your services and treatments:
- CLICK THIS LINK to calculate your personalized, real-time estimate using our online price estimation tool for imaging (MRI, CT, mammography, bone density, X-ray or ultrasound) and cardiac stress tests. Please note that estimates may only be available for select commercial insurance carriers and other payers.
- CALL (828) 213-9634 for a Preregistration Consultation for services, treatments and health plans not available via the above online estimator. You may also call if you prefer to speak with a representative.
What’s Needed for Your Cost Estimate
During the cost estimating process, our team will attempt to verify your individual and family insurance benefits to provide the most accurate representation of your estimated financial obligation based on your coverage. If possible, please have the following information available when obtaining your estimate:
- Description of Services/Current Procedural Terminology Code (CPT) – There are many surgery and procedure names that sound similar, so if possible, please provide the CPT code. You can find this on your physician’s order. If you cannot provide the CPT code, please contact your physician's office for the CPT or a detailed description of the services.
- Inpatient vs. Outpatient Status – Your inpatient or outpatient status may affect how you are billed and what you will have to pay for out-of-pocket.
Insurance Information – The amount covered varies depending on your insurance company’s benefits and your specific policy. Please have the following information available:
- Member ID number
- Group number
- Policyholder's name
- Insurance company’s name
- Insurance company phone number
- Type of plan (HMO, POS, PPO, Indemnity)
Financial AssistanceClick here to learn about financial assistance
Looking to pay your bill?Click here to pay your bill online
Important Information Regarding Your Cost Estimate
Before using this cost estimation tool, please carefully consider the following information. By clicking the ‘Yes, I accept’ button below, you are acknowledging that you have read the information below, and that you are accessing this tool solely for the informational purpose of determining your estimated costs associated with healthcare services. You should not avoid getting care that you need based on the informational cost estimates on this site. This tool provides informational cost estimates for non-emergent services. In the case of an emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Please keep in mind that the costs provided in this tool are informational cost estimates only and are not a guarantee of what you will actually be charged. The informational cost estimates are informed by the selected healthcare provider’s contract rates/fee schedule with your insurance carrier and are a general price estimate of the selected services. Your actual costs will be different (higher or lower) than the estimates on this cost estimation site for various reasons, such as:
If the services you ultimately receive are different from the services selected during the estimation process (e.g., due to complications, secondary conditions, and/or other unknown factors). For example, for one person, a particular surgery may be relatively straight-forward, while another person can have unforeseen complications that will impact the cost.
- If the location of where your services are ultimately received differs from what is assumed during the estimation process.
- If your year-to-date benefit information changes from the time at which you receive the informational cost estimates and the ultimate time at which you receive care.
- If your healthcare provider’s contract with your insurance carrier changes.
- If you have a unique insurance plan design that is not currently supported by this tool.
This cost estimation site may not capture all services offered by Mission Health For any questions about services offered by Mission Health, please contact (828) 213-9634. Further, the informational cost estimates may not include certain physician charges (e.g. office visit, surgeon, anesthesiologist, emergency room physician, radiologist, pathologist, consulting physicians, etc.).
Nothing on this site guarantees eligibility, coverage, or payment, or determines or guarantees the benefits, limitations or exclusions of your insurance coverage. Your insurance coverage will ultimately determine the amount you owe (including deductibles, co-pay, co-insurance, and out-of-pocket maximums). In all cases, you will be responsible for the cost of services not covered by your insurance plan. For a complete description of the details of your insurance coverage, please refer to your coverage information from your healthcare insurance carrier
For more information on how your informational cost estimates were determined, please contact (828) 213-9634.
When using this cost estimation tool, your information will be transmitted over a medium that may be beyond the control and jurisdiction of Mission Health. Accordingly, Mission Health or any of its affiliates assume no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, corruption or loss of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of this cost estimation tool.