At Mission Health, we offer a variety of educational opportunities. Please read below for further details on the various opportunities we offer.
How can we help you?
- I want to have a hands-on learning experience for course credit through my school as part of my degree program
- I want to have a hands-on internship experience, not for course credit but for my own personal growth
- I want to have a shadowing/observation-only experience (not hands-on)
At Mission Health, we encourage students to get involved with exploring health care professions throughout their academic career. We offer a variety of educational opportunities to let students experience the variety of health care careers while receiving hands-on experience and working closely with Mission Health professionals.
Our experiences vary based on the department. Check with your school or college/university career center to see if your educational institution has an affiliation agreement with Mission Health in your field of interest.
Students enrolled in educational programs who are interested in participating in a student internship or learning experience for course credit within Mission Health should submit a Request for Student Experience Request Form
Internships provide students the opportunity to utilize their education, knowledge and experiences acquired during their undergraduate or graduate programs in a health care setting. At Mission, students gain practical experiences and an opportunity to enhance skills through active participation and involvement, direct exposure and engagement. Students will work closely with department leadership and other staff members to prepare for a career in health care.
- To view and apply for available paid internships, Search and Apply and select either the Apply with a Resume or Apply without a Resume link. On the new page, select Intern as Position Type.
- To view and apply for available unpaid internships, click here!
Observations are for those who are interested in learning more about health care or health-related careers or furthering their existing professional healthcare careers.
- Observation lengths vary by department; however, they are generally one-day or up to 8 hours.
Click here for more details about our various observation opportunities!
Other Educational Opportunities
For Asheville City Schools & Buncombe County Schools
Mission Possible is a collaborative venture between Mission Hospital and Asheville City Schools and Buncombe County Schools designed to ensure student success by providing academic enrichment and employment opportunities for high school students in a health care setting.
Please contact the Career Exploration Center at CareerExplorationCenter@msj.org or (828) 213-4488 for more information about this program.
Nurse Graduate Program
The Nurse Graduate Program is an individualized orientation, usually twelve weeks, in a single nursing department. The program is designed to facilitate new graduate nurses' entry into practice and the transition from an academic to a clinical setting. (Details coming soon)