Mission Hospital partners with local colleges and universities by providing sites for the training and development of our future nursing workforce. Under the supervision of their clinical instructors and/or hospital-based preceptors, students are provided many guided learning experiences. These range from observation to hands-on total care of the patient and their families.
The following colleges and universities send their students to Mission:
- Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College (Asheville, North Carolina)
- Blue Ridge Community College (Flat Rock, North Carolina)
- Mayland Community College (Spruce Pine, North Carolina)
- Region A Nursing Consortium, Haywood Community College and Tri-County Community College (Clyde, North Carolina)
- Southwestern Community College (Sylva, North Carolina)
- Western North Carolina (Cullowhee, North Carolina) Learn more at wcu.edu.
- Various other local and distance learning schools