Diversity at Mission Health
Mission Health strives to maintain a welcoming and inclusive environment for all employees, patients and visitors -- regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age disability, genetic information or veteran status. Our team of caregivers create an environment that is responsive to the needs of all employees and those who come in seek of care. Mission Health and its Diversity Committee are committed to the following goals:
- To eliminate racial and ethnic disparities in care provided to patients within Mission Health
- To expand and enhance Mission's services to minority populations in western North Carolina
- To educate Mission Health employees in cultural competency through cultural diversity curriculum
- To promote and recruit a diverse and inclusive workforce
- To enhance interpreter services and maintain Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) standards.
Empowering A Diverse Workforce
For each of our caregivers to feel valued as a worker and an individual, it is important to focus on the opportunities available for qualified minorities to develop and advance in professional and medical staff positions. We are committed to educating caregivers in cultural competency, eliminating racial and ethnic health disparities, and partnering with community events and organizations to better eradicate healthcare discriminations.
As a caregiver at Mission Health, you have the opportunity to be an influential advocate for diversity in our organization and community with the Diversity Committee. Learn more about the Diversity Committee in this video.