Mission Health values excellent nurses. Patients, family members, visitors, nurses or any Mission employee may nominate a nurse for the DAISY Award. This nurse award for excellent compassionate care is given in the United States and 14 other countries. Mission's chief nursing officers provide a surprise celebration and gifts for the winners in the presence of their supervisors, co-workers and personal family members.
Nominate a Nurse
Did you have an exceptional experience with a nurse at Mission Health? Tell us about it.
What is the DAISY Award?
The DAISY Award is a nationwide program that recognizes nurses who exemplify what it means to be extraordinary.These unsung heroes make a difference in the lives of their patients and families every day through clinical expertise, genuine kindness and compassionate care.
This nurse consistently goes above and beyond to excel in:
Patient-Centered Care by
- Establishing a special connection with patients and families through trust and emotional support
- Providing compassionate care
- Keeping the patient and their family at the center of care
Service Excellence by
- Demonstrating professionalism in the work environment
- Developing key relationships with others
- Communicating clearly and effectively with co-workers and patients
Clinical Expertise by
- Committing to the highest standards of professional nursing practice
- Demonstrating excellent clinical and critical thinking skills
- Focusing on meeting patient and family goals