Junior Volunteer Program
Plans for the 2013 Summer Junior Volunteer Program are well underway! Teens make a big impact on our patients, families and staff as they give of their time and talents to assist here at Mission. Our program goals to support teens in this effort are to provide an introduction to professionalism, career exploration and to foster a lifelong love of volunteering by giving teens opportunities to help others in a meaningful way.
The 2013 Application Deadline (March 8, 2013) has passed and the program is full. We are unable to accept additional applications. The next available application period will be January 2014.
Dates to remember for both new and returning Junior Volunteers accepted into the Summer 2013 Program:
Parent Meetings: Both the parent and the Junior Volunteer must attend one session
- Monday, April 29, 6:30 - 7:30pm
- Saturday, May 4, 10:00 - 11:00am
- Tuesday, May 7, 6:30 - 7:30pm
- Mandatory Orientation for the Junior Program will be Monday, June 17 - Friday, June 21, 2013. The times for orientation are from 9:00am - 4:00pm. Failure to attend all sessions will result in disqualification from participating in the Junior Volunteer Program.
Junior Volunteers will be in assigned placement areas
from Monday, June 24 through Friday, August 9.
- End of the program celebration will be on Monday, August 12.
Applicants with additional questions may contact Mandi Fritts at Amanda.Fritts2@msj.org or 828-213-1057.