Junior Volunteer Program
The Mission Hospital Junior Volunteer Summer Program gives students age 14 to 18 the opportunity to serve others in a meaningful way, while exploring careers and building skills in professionalism.
Planning is underway for the 2014 Junior Volunteer Summer Program. Please note the following important dates for the 2014 program:
January 2, 2014
- Applications for New Junior Volunteers will be available online.
- Registration packets for Active Junior Volunteers will be mailed.
February 28, 2014 at 4:30pm
- Application deadline for all New Junior Volunteers.
- Registration deadline for all Active Junior Volunteers.
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 6:30pm
Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 10:00am
Monday, March 17, 2014 - 6:30pm
Mandatory Junior Volunteer/Parent Meeting.
ALL (New & Active) Junior Volunteers and a parent must attend one session.
March 12 - March 31, 2014
Interviews for all Junior Volunteer Applicants.
May 7, 2014
Applications for Leadership Academy due.
June 9 - 13, 2014*
Junior Volunteer Leadership Academy.
- Leadership Academy uses a curriculum for the Points of Light Foundation to teach leadership skills through experiential activities and project planning. The course is required for Junior Volunteers interested in leadership positions.
June 17 - 19, 2014 - 9:00am - 5:00pm
Junior Volunteer Boot Camp - MANDATORY for ALL Junior Volunteers. Attendance is required all day for all sessions.
June 23 - August 8, 2014
Junior Volunteer Summer Program. Junior Volunteers must commit to volunteering on their assigned schedule (one or two days per week) for at least five weeks of the program.
*date dependent upon school schedule.
Please contact Mandi Fritts with additional questions at: Amanda.Fritts2@msj.org