Cultivating a Culture of Safety in Healthcare
A National Patient Safety Conference
Asheville, North Carolina
Coming in the fall 2017
Registration Information Coming Soon
View a photo gallery and see what others said about the Spring 2016 conference!
Join us in our second annual National Patient Safety Conference. This dynamic program will provide clinicians and leaders with information, insight, tools and training to grow a culture of safety, and support clinical staff, patients and families.
To better understand the needs of a patient and they ways in which we can best partner with them to meet and exceed their healthcare needs, we will have a patient panel present answering questions, keeping us always learning from our patients.
While also hearing from patients regarding their specific feedback, we will be hosting a Caring for YOU training session, in which you will learn how to help your colleagues, as well as yourself, in those often stressful situations. Breakout sessions will also be utilized, equipping you with the time and collaborative means to focus on resiliency training and other forms of cultivated skill in balancing the associated heftiness of the daily duties.
The conference is open to all healthcare professionals.
AB Tech Conference Center
16 Fernihurst Drive, Asheville, NC
$300 for Mission Health Employees
After attending a conference, participants will:
- Define the essential components of a culture of safety
- Describe the process of event review and follow-up at Mission Health
- Apply Root Cause Analysis technique to analyzing a safety event
- Provide support for clinicians involved in a safety event
- Apply appropriate strategies for disclosing errors to patients and families
- Develop a plan to enhance the culture of safety in a specific work area
- Receive credits/CMEs
Physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, RNs, LPNs, respiratory care providers, PTs/PTAs, OTs/OTAs, quality and safety, surgical techs and healthcare leaders.
Early Registration Deadline: October 6th, 2017
Early registration fee is $600 / $300 for Mission Health employees. Registration fee includes administrative costs, educational materials, light breakfast each day and lunch on days one and two. If registration is received after the deadline, the total will be the registration fee + $15.
Cancellations received at least two weeks in advance of the program date will receive a full refund unless otherwise noted. Cancellations received between two weeks and up to 48 hours prior to the program date will receive a 70 percent refund unless otherwise noted. No refunds will be given for cancellations received less than 48 hours prior to the program date. All cancellations must be made in writing (fax, mail or email). Substitutes can be accommodated in advance of the program.
MAHEC has a pay-up-front policy for all CE programs. The only exceptions will be for preapproved programs where an individual payment plan is appropriate. Registrations received without accompanying payment will not be processed, and participants who have not paid the course fee will not be admitted into the program.
Request more information at MissionHealthSafetyProgram@msj.org
- The Residence Inn at Biltmore
- The Residence Inn at Biltmore is within walking distance to shopping, restaurants and the historic Biltmore Estate entrance. The Residence Inn at Biltmore is approx. 1.3 miles from the conference center.
- The Residence Inn at Biltmore | (828) 281-3361
- The Hyatt Place Downtown
- The Hyatt Place Downtown is located in downtown Asheville within walking distance to over 200 locally owned restaurants, shops and entertainment venues. The Hyatt Place Downtown is approximately 2.2 miles from the conference center.
- The Hyatt Place Downtown | (828) 505-8500
*Mention Mission Health Patient Safety Conference when making reservations to receive the special rate.
Have a question?
Melody Hays, BA, MA
Phone: (828) 257-4762
Registration Information: (828) 257-4475
Fax Registration: (828) 257-4768
Online Registration: www.mahec.net
Mail: MAHEC Registration
121 Hendersonville Rd.
Asheville, NC 28803
Special Services: (828) 257-4485
More Information Coming Soon
Call for Abstracts
We are seeking research or quality improvement project proposals from healthcare professionals across all health-related disciplines on the conference theme and themed sessions.
Abstract should be structured using headings according to the type of project (maximum 300 words).
- Project description
Abstracts will be scored based on impact/significance, appropriateness and quality of methods, innovation and clarity of writing by at least two peer reviewers. Notification of acceptance will be in early March 2016.
Poster Session Requirements
Poster sessions are designed for focused interaction between presenters and attendees. Author/poster presenter must be a paid participant of the conference.
Submit your abstract to MissionHealthSafetyProgram@msj.org.
- Melanie Norman, MBA, BSN, RN
- Melody Hays, MA, BA
- Tory Schmitz, MSN, RN
- Pam Brownfield, MBA, RN, CPHQ
- Lori Murrey, RN, BSN, CCM
- Dana Raines, MSN, RN
- Elanie Alexander, MSN, RNC-OB / Nurse Planner