Check Patient Status
For information regarding a patient who is staying with us, call (828) 213-1050. Please note that patients are asked if they wish to be listed in our directory upon admittance. If a patient chooses to be listed, then visitors and callers can be given the patient's room number and limited information about their condition. If a patient chooses not to be listed, everyone calling for information will be told that we have no listing for a patient of that name. This policy is dictated by a federal law and is designed to protect patient privacy.
Key to Patient Conditions
If you are calling to check on the condition of a patient, you will be given one of five one-word descriptions, provided a condition has been posted. See below for a key to understanding these descriptions.
- Undetermined: Patient is awaiting assessment.
- Good: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.
- Fair: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious: Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical: Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are not favorable.