Caring for a wound that won't heal is a difficult job. If not treated properly, seemingly minor wounds may get worse or infected and may lead to the loss of limbs through amputation and sometimes even death.
Many factors contribute to slow or difficult wound healing including chronic conditions such as vascular disease or diabetes. The causes of open wounds are sometimes very complex and challenging. A wound that will not heal needs more than just another dressing or band-aid, it needs the expertise of a professional wound care team.
The team at Mission's Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Center works together to design an individualized treatment program based on your medical history and the severity of your wound. Our comprehensive wound care includes:
- Wound assessment, evaluation and treatment.
- Advanced wound care dressing/product selection (Topical/Biological)
- Skin Grafts
- Growth Factor Therapies
- Wound debridement - removal of dead/unhealthy tissue
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (wound vac)
- Total contact casting - a special cast used to redistribute plantar (sole of the foot) pressure to allow wound closure
- Unna boots - multi-layered compression dressings for the leg that help to decrease swelling and allow wound closure
Wound Conditions Treated
We treat a variety of conditions from minor to complex cases, including:
- Diabetic foot ulcers / lower extremity leg ulcers
- Pressure ulcers/Decubitus
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Skin tears or lacerations
- Traumatic injuries
- Radiation wounds / tissue damage
- Post surgical wounds / infections
- Spider bites (Brown Recluse)
- Slow or non-healing wounds
- Any wound or ulcer that has not shown signs of healing in 30 days
Contact us to learn more or make an appointment.